War and crisis, Syria in pictures
What does it say about society or the world when we cannot take care of our children? - it says simply that we cannot be entrusted as custodians of the future...
The one one thing that raises my spirits even whilst looking through these depressing photos, is the honest and pure beauty of these children, just being who they are, in all their innocence, no matter their circumstance. Give them a space, protect and provide for them and allow them to just be, and they'll show us the meaning of joy. Without children, the world would be a desperately and hopelessly dark place.
- Over 300 children are being treated for PTSD in just 1 of the Jordanian refugee camps.
- Over 50% of Syrian refugees are children.
- In Jordanian refugee camps, over 55% of children are not in school.
*Warning: Some images contain graphic content that may upset sensitive viewers*
- "Cry for help from Syria" - via AVAAZ.org - SIGN THE PETITION, appealing to the Geneva conference: call a ceasefire!
- The war in Syria by the numbers